I Am Not Worthy
Today, I went to get Mary-Beth from school and I got called into the Principal's office. (SCARY)
She told me that I got "Parent of the Year" for the school. I am happy but that is a tall order. I, by no means, am a parent of the year. I feel like there is many parents who have worked hard to make the schools opening great. Along with the title, I get to write a 2 page paper on how I feel I can and have contributed to the school and the class. I also have to have 3 references written about me. I will say that Alisa did not nominate me because she did not want to look bias. I am flattered but I do not feel worthy. I think that I do what any other parent would do for there child in school. It is still a parents responsibility to make sure their child strives in school and stay involved in every step. For all of you other moms I know you all do the same.




5 comments:
You go, girl! And no, not all parents do all that you do. You are an amazing, involved, WORTHY parent who genuinely cares for the welfare of her children and of the school. Congratulations!
Way to go, Amanda! Wish all parents were like you...interested in their child's education. This country would be a different place, if that were the case. Your humble spirit about your achievement is testament to why you deserve "Parent of the Year".
So proud of you!
So proud of you. You are definitely worthy. Maybe you'll inspire some other parents to get involved.
I agree. VERY worthy! Tall orders are only given to those who can handle it! congrats!
Speaking of an order - and I may have to get Erin's permission - would you be willing to make cupcakes again for a birthday party in July???
congratulations! That is awesome and i know you do a great job!
Post a Comment