Monday, May 18, 2009

"Trail of Tears"


Today the trail of tears honoring Memorial day came through Bovina around 11:30. It is about 2000 motorcyclist accompanied by helicopters and police cycles. Mason, Lane and I ran to the Bovina bridge to watch them pass under. Alisa called me and told me that the school was out waiting on them and I needed to hurry to get there. I was able to get a few pics of the children at the school from the bridge, however they are not too clear. Mrs. Harvey is the one in the burgundy shirt and Mary-Beth is the little girl with the light grey sweatshirt on in front of her. Mason and Lane loved it. It was very loud as they honked and the sirens of the police went by. I will post more pictures of this weekend as soon as I can get my hands on them. They kids went camping with will for the first time.

Friday while the Will and the kids were camping, I went to a art class (easely amused) with a bunch of girls.. It was alot of fun. Here is my masterpiece. It was neat because you did not have to had ever event painted to have it turn out. We will defiantly have to go again!

After the art class on Friday night Rachelle and I went to eat with a few girls and headed home to make a cake for her sister's shower on Saturday. We were up quite late (2:30ish) and up early finishing it. Here are a few pictures of the cake at the shower. Her sister's little boy is going to be Lane.








1 comments:

Wilson said...

Love all the new pics. Cute cake too!